Pasken was a village in the Johannisburg Heath, located on the Pissek River. It was first mentioned in a document in 1495, making it one of the oldest villages founded by the Teutonic Order in the region. In 1716, on the opposite bank of the river, a sister village named Klein Pasken was founded, which, contrary to its name, had the larger number of inhabitants. The cemetery preserved there was laid out in a square shape and contains 30 graves with stone borders as well as 24 earth graves. For 12 graves some statements can be made concerning the persons buried there. Among them there are also several war graves.